Every now and then the discussion on how do we get 'the abandoned VB6 developer' into Delphi community pops up.
If you are VB developer, who wants to get into Delphi, now is the time to move to Delphi! If you do, and you should, you might find one of the following links usefull:
Delphi versus VB
- Delphi for Visual Basic developers by Delphi About
- VB to Delphi at Cyber Matrix.
- Migrating from VB to Delphi Whitepaper (PDF) by CodeGear.
Delphi the IDE, and the language
- Marco Cantu's essential Pascal all about the basics of Object Pascal, the language used in Delphi.
- Marco Cantu's all about Delphi Essential Delphi the IDE combined with the language.
- Zarko Gajic's delphi.about.com, with lot's of tutorials and sources.
- Delphiland offers online lessons for beginners and intermediate users
- Delphi basics provides help and reference for the fundamentals of the Delphi language.
Delphi the community
- CodeGear Delphi product page
- CodeGear Developer Network Delphi
- Delphi Newswhat Newsgroups and Blog aggregator
- Also via newsgroups.codegear.com.
Tip! Don't miss the Delphi non-technical newsgroup!
Books on Lulu
All Delphi books on Lulu
Marco Cantu's Delphi books on Lulu
Bob Swart's books on Lulu
Delphi Useful sites
Delphifeeds blog aggregator
Monday, September 10, 2007
Using an image as your UIBarButtonItem in your navigationcontroller bar can only be achieved by using a common UIButton as the BarButtonItem...
Delphi 2009 has support for generics, and has 'built in' generic types like TList, TArrays etc. If you want to use them you must add...
A new generic type in Delphi 2009 is TDictionary . TDictionary offers a way to store values based on a key into a list. TDictionary is decla...
In ASP.NET it is easy to set the prefered authentication method in the web.config file. For external websites this is set mostly to Forms ...